The Santa Clara City Library, including both of its branches, is now offering Chromebooks for checkout.
Chromebooks are a new type of computer: lightweight and fast to use, with security built-in to protect against viruses or malware, and just one click away from a world of apps and the web. It’s a faster, simpler and more secure computer. Just sign in with your Google account, or as a guest, and the web is there at your fingertips. And once you log out, none of your personal data can be accessed by other users.
Chromebooks run web apps which allow you to create and share documents, edit photos, and listen to music, and much more. Unlike software on a traditional computer, web apps install in seconds, load instantly, and update automatically. You'll find thousands of web apps in the Chrome Web Store. Visit the Chromebook website for more information on how to get the most out of a Chromebook.
Quick Overview of our Chromebook Lending Guidelines:
- 1 week checkout.
- Must be 13 years old and up with a valid Picture ID to check out a Chromebook.
- Chromebook checkout is limited to one per person per week.
- $30.00 overdue fee.
- A fee of $500.00 will be charged for Chromebooks that are lost, stolen, damaged or not returned within 3 days and the patron will be reported to a Collection Agency.
- Chromebooks must be returned to the Circulation Desk complete with bag, power supply cord, and mouse.
Google Chromebook Support
Santa Clara City Library detailed Chromebook procedure
The Santa Clara City Central branch is now offering Ipads for 3 hour on-site checkout.
Ipad Lending Guidelines:
- 3 hour checkout. No renewals.
- Ipad checkout is limited to 1 per person.
- $30.00 overdue fee.
- A bill of $510.00 will be charged for Ipads that are lost, stolen, damaged or not returned within 3 days after the due date. The patron account is also referred to a collection agency.
- Ipads must be returned to the Circulation Desk at Central Park Library complete with bag, power supply and charging cable. Do not return Ipads through the bookdrop. Upon returning, the Library patron is expected to remain at the desk while the Ipad is inspected by staff and checked in.