The holder of a Santa Clara City Library card may borrow circulating library materials and access the Library’s Internet workstations and most subscription databases.
The Santa Clara City Library issues a library card to an individual. The card may be used only by the person to whom it has been issued. The card must be presented by the cardholder to access his or her record. The individual to whom the card is issued is responsible for the following:
- the return, in good condition, of all materials borrowed
- payment of fines incurred for any overdue, damaged, or lost material
- immediately reporting a lost or stolen card and any changes in name, address, or phone number
- all charges/activity associated with cardholder’s account until the card is reported lost
- complying with all library rules and guidelines.
Parents or guardians of a library card holder agree to be responsible for the above and to teach their child library rules and guidelines to help him or her use the card.