Agilent Technologies, Premier Laboratory Partner for a Better World is inspiring the scientists and engineers of tomorrow through their hands-on science program: Agilent After School (AAS). AAS targets Grades 5-8, and each week we will explore a different science topic with hands-on experiments that you will get to take home after the program! Share the wonders of science with your friends and family!
TODAY'S TOPIC: Catapult
The catapult is an exciting new unit in the physical sciences. Each student builds their own simple machine and experiments with particle dynamics. Objects of various mass are used so that students can observe, predict and measure the distance that the objects are propelled by the catapult. The unit is complete with a strong math and measurement section, which includes constructing bar charts.
- Programs are open to students going into 5th through 8th Grades only
- Registration is available ONE WEEK prior to each event
- You may call Youth Services or come in and register in person
- There will not be a waiting list. If your child is interested in attending and was not able to register, you may wait outside the program room on the day of the event. If there are "no shows" your child may be allowed to enter.
- Please arrive EARLY. If your child is registered and is more than 5 minutes late, his/her spot will be forfeited to someone waiting in line.
REGISTRATION OPENS ON TUESDAY, JUNE 17.
For more information, contact Youth Services at 1-408-615-2916.
Agilent After School programs are sponsored by Agilent Technologies.