The Santa Clara City Library is now offering Chromebooks for checkout.
Chromebooks are a new type of computer: lightweight and fast to use, with security built-in to protect against viruses or malware, and just one click away from a world of apps and the web. It’s a faster, simpler and more secure computer. Just sign in with your Google account, or as a guest, and the web is there at your fingertips. And once you log out, none of your personal data can be accessed by other users.
Chromebooks run web apps which allow you to create and share documents, edit photos, and listen to music, and much more. Unlike software on a traditional computer, web apps install in seconds, load instantly, and update automatically. You'll find thousands of web apps in the Chrome Web Store. Visit the Chromebook website for more information on how to get the most out of a Chromebook.
Quick Overview of our Chromebook Lending Guidelines:
- 1 week checkout.
- Must be 13 years old and up with a valid Picture ID to check out a Chromebook.
- Chromebook checkout is limited to one per person per week.
- $15.00 per day overdue fee with a $30.00 maximum overdue fee.
- A fee of $500.00 will be charged for Chromebooks that are lost, stolen, or not returned within 2 days.
- Chromebooks must be returned to the Central Park Library Circulation Desk complete with bag, power supply cord, and mouse.
Chomebook quickstart guide
Santa Clara City Library detailed Chromebook procedure